Throughout the first half of June a Trooper assigned to the Massachusetts State Police Commonwealth Interstate Narcotics Reduction Enforcement Team received information from a Reliable Confidential Informant regarding a suspect unlawfully possessing a firearm and trafficking narcotics within the city of Brockton. The Trooper began an investigation and identified the suspect as AMILTON ARAUJO, 36, of Brockton. Over the course of the investigation the Trooper developed probable cause that ARAUJO was actively engaged in the aforementioned offenses. On the morning of Wednesday, June 16 the Trooper sought and received a search warrant from Brockton District Court for ARAUJO’s residence in Brockton.
At approximately 10 a.m. Officers and Troopers from CINRET South, MSP STOP Team, and the Brockton Police Narcotics Unit established surveillance in the area of the residence. Within an hour ARAUJO was observed exiting the residence and was detained then advised of the search warrant. Officers then executed the search warrant and entered the residence without incident. ARAUJO remained at the residence while investigators completed the search.
During a search of the residence the following evidence was seized:
* Approximately (1) one kilogram of Cocaine
* Approximately 300 grams Fentanyl
* Approximately $82,000.00 U.S. Currency
* One loaded .22 Caliber handgun
* Approximately 13 pounds of marijuana
* Packaging materials
* .22 Caliber Ammunition
* Miscellaneous paperwork
* Digital Scales
* Cellular Telephone
ARAUJO was then placed under arrest and transported to the Brockton Police Department where he was booked and held pending bail. He was scheduled for arraignment at Brockton District Court on the following charges:
1. Trafficking in Fentanyl, 10+ grams;
2. Trafficking in Cocaine, 200+ grams;
3. Illegal Possession of a Firearm;
4. Illegal Possession of Ammunition; and
5. Possession of Class D Substance with Intent to Distribute.