At approximately 2 a.m. on Sunday Trooper Alexandria Rodrigues, assigned to State Police-Concord, was patrolling Route 2 in Littleton. While traveling eastbound she observed a gray Volkswagen sedan traveling at an extremely high rate of speed. She was able to clock the vehicle at 81 miles per hour in a 45 mph posted zone. Trooper Rodrigues activated her cruiser’s emergency lights and initiated a motor vehicle stop.
Upon the vehicle coming to a full stop Trooper Rodrigues approached it and identified the operator as GARY ADAMS, 44, of Jamaica Plain. While speaking to ADAMS Trooper Rodrigues observed signs of impairment and eventually removed him from the vehicle to determine if he was safe to continue driving. After several roadside sobriety tests ADAMS was placed under arrest and placed in the rear of a cruiser.
Prior to ADAMS’ vehicle being towed from the scene Trooper Rodrigues conducted an inventory of its contents. During the inventory the Trooper located a Sig .45 caliber pistol loaded with seven rounds of ammunition along with a second magazine also loaded with seven rounds. ADAMS does not possess a license to carry firearms. ADAMS was transported to the Concord Barracks for booking where a bail commissioner was contacted and ordered him to be held for his arraignment at Ayer District Court on the following charges:
1. Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicating Liquor;
2. Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence of Intoxicating Drugs;
3. Possession of a Firearm without FID Card;
4. Possession of Ammunition without FID Card;
5. Carrying a Loaded Firearm;
6. Possession of a Firearm with 3 Prior Violent/Drug Crimes;
7. Improper Storage of a Firearm;
8. Carrying a Firearm while Intoxicated;
9. Illegal Possession of a Firearm, 2nd Offense;
10. Possession of Open Container of Marijuana in a Vehicle;
11. Speeding; and
12. Failure to Signal.