Shortly after midnight on Wednesday, two Troopers, assigned to State Police-Concord, were on patrol in the Rogers Street area of Lowell. One of the Troopers is a recent graduate of the 85th Recruit Training Troop. As they approached the intersection of Perry Street they observed a black Honda Accord with no front license plate and illegal window tint. They positioned the cruiser behind the vehicle and conducted an electronic inquiry of the license plate, which showed it was registered to a white Subaru sedan. They activated their cruiser’s emergency lights and siren and conducted a motor vehicle stop.
After the vehicle was pulled over they approached it and informed the operator why he was stopped. The operator was not able to provide any identification or paperwork for the vehicle, instead he verbally provided his information. He initially provided a false name to Troopers, but was later positively identified as NORINRITH CHOU, 30 of Lowell. CHOU had two active warrants for his arrest in the system and was immediately placed under arrest.
Troopers then approached the passenger side of the Honda to request the front seat passenger, identified as PISON YORDKUM, 24, of Lowell, to exit the vehicle so it may be loaded onto the tow truck. Once he opened the door Troopers observed a small duffle bag between his legs. The zipper of the bag was open exposing a clear plastic bag containing yellow pills. They removed the duffle bag and emptied the contents. Troopers located an additional 7 bags of varying pills, a box containing a substance believed to be Heroin, and Marijuana along with 9mm ammunition and a high capacity magazine containing 29 rounds of ammunition.
YORDKUM was then placed under arrest. After a search of his person Troopers located a 9mm Glock pistol with a defaced serial number, making the weapon non-traceable, and nearly $2000.00 in cash. YORDKUM does not possess a license to carry firearms.
Both men were transported to State Police Concord where they were booked. A bail commissioner was contacted and ordered CHOU to be held for court without bail. YORDKUM was ordered held on $50,000 cash bail. Both mean are expected to be arraigned at Lowell District Court tomorrow on the following charges.
- Operating an Unregistered Motor Vehicle;
- Operating an Uninsured Motor Vehicle;
- Attaching Wrong License Plates;
- Operator Refusing to Identify Self;
- Possession of a Class E Drug with Intent to Distribute;
- Open Container of Alcohol in Motor Vehicle;
- No License in Possession;
- No Registration in Possession;
- Illegal Window Tint; and
- License Plate Violation.
- Failure to Wear Seatbelt;
- Illegal Possession of a Firearm;
- Possession of a Large Capacity Feeding Device;
- Improper Storage of Firearm;
- Possession of Firearm with Defaced Serial Number in Commission of Felony;
- Possession of Large Capacity Firearm in Commission of Felony;
- Possession of Firearm without FID Card;
- Possession of Ammunition without FID Card;
- Possession of a Class A Substance;
- Possession of a Class B Drug with Intent to Distribute, Two Counts;
- Possession of a Class E Drug with Intent to Distribute; and
- Possession of a Class D Drug with Intent to Distribute.