The suspect arrested in this incident is HANSEL A. GONZALEZ, 28, of New Britain, Conn.
Charges are as follow:
1. Trafficking Class A (Approx. 50 grams of Fentanyl)
2. Possession to Dist. Class C (Approx. 1000 Xanex bars, 252 grams)
3. Possession of Class B (Approx. 0.5 grams of Crack Cocaine)
3. Assault and Battery on a Police Officer
4. Resisting Arrest
5. Failure to Stop for Police, and
6. Negligent Operation of a motor vehicle.
GONZALEZ put up a lengthy and violent struggle as Troopers converged on him in the garage at 375 Longwood Avenue. At one point the suspect attempted to take a Trooper’s firearm from him but the Trooper maintained control and possession of the gun. During his struggle the suspect suffered a laceration and was brought to Boston Medical Center for treatment.
GONZALEZ was discharged from Boston Medical Center and transported back to State Police – South Boston. He will be transported to Roxbury District Court for arraignment this morning.
A photo of the narcotics seized from the suspect is included with this release.