A motor vehicle stop on Western Avenue in Lynn yesterday led to the arrest of two men on gun charges.
At about 8:50 p.m., Troopers Chanel Moreau and David Rameau of the Troop A Community Action Team stopped a 2006 Nissan Sentra on Western Avenue at Centre Street for suspected excessive window tint. Upon investigation, Troopers determined that the operator, JEFFREY GRULLON, 21, of Lynn, was not wearing a seatbelt and was operating on a suspended license. His passenger, JETLEE FRIAS, 18, of Lynn was also unbelted and had an outstanding warrant for his arrest out of Lynn District Court for a motor vehicle violation. Troopers subsequently located a MasterPiece Arms 9mm pistol with a 30 round magazine in the vehicle.
Both men were arrested and charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a machine gun
- Possession of a large capacity weapon or feeding device
- Possession of a firearm without an FID card
- Possession of ammo without an FID card
GRULLON was additionally charged with the following offenses:
- Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked license
- Operating a motor vehicle with a suspended or revoked registration
- Failure to wear a seatbelt
Both men were released after posting $1,000.00 bail each and will be arraigned in Lynn District Court on Monday.