A motor vehicle stop on Freeport Street in Boston yesterday led to the arrest of a man on gun and motor vehicle charges.
At about 4:35 p.m., Trooper Brendan Murphy pulled over a 2008 Infinity G35 for making an improper turn. Upon further investigation, Trooper Murphy determined that the operator, CHRISTION MOHONEY, 36, of Boston, was driving a vehicle which had a revoked registration and no insurance. During an inventory of the vehicle before towing, the trooper located a loaded Taurus revolver. MOHONEY was not duly licensed to be in possession of that handgun.
MOHONEY was placed under arrest and charged with the following offenses:
- Possession of a firearm without and FID
- Carrying a loaded firearm
- Possession of ammo without an FID card
- Improper storage of a firearm
- Operation of a motor vehicle with a revoked registration
- Uninsured motor vehicle
- Unregistered motor vehicle
- Marked lanes violation
- Improper turn
MOHONEY was held on $25,000.00 bail and was transported to Dorchester District Court this morning for arraignment.