February 13, 2019 – Yesterday at approximately 4:45 p.m. Trooper Kyle Reed, assigned to the Troop H-Community Action Team, stopped a gray Nissan Maxima for speeding on Blue Hills Parkway in Milton. While the vehicle was stopping, Trooper Reed noticed the driver making suspicious movements. After the vehicle stopped it was discovered that the operator, identified as TREVONE VASSELL, 21, from Brockton, had a suspended driver’s license and was placed under arrest. During a motor vehicle inventory, prior to the vehicle being towed, Trooper Reed located a loaded, black, 9mm Hi-Point firearm, approx. 135 grams of a substance believed to be marijuana, a black digital scale, and $2,182. VASSELL does not possess a license to carry firearms.
In addition to several motor vehicle violations VASSELL was charged with:
– Illegal Possession of a Firearm;
– Possession of Ammunition without FID Card;
– Possession of a Large Capacity Weapon;
– Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Suspended License; and
– Possession of a Class D Drug with Intent to Distribute.