On Tuesday, Troopers from the Massachusetts State Police Gang Unit, along with Troopers from the State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section and the C3 Policing Unit, and officers from the FBI Western Massachusetts Gang Task Force, DEA, and Holyoke Police, made simultaneous entry into four apartments in a residence at 1475 Dwight St. in Holyoke in culmination an investigation. The raids resulted in four arrests and the seizures of three long guns, numerous types of ammunition, several types of narcotics, and several thousand dollars in currency.
Two of the apartments were barricaded and fortified with heavy duty locks in attempt to prevent entry, but Troopers, Officers and Agents defeated them. All four entries were mad without incident or injury.
One suspect, ALEXANDER VAZQUEZ, 31, tried to flee through the rear door of his third floor apartment but was apprehended by the team guarding the perimeter. The other three suspects were taken into custody by entry teams in their respective apartments.
In a first floor bedroom occupied by suspects DAVID NEVEU, 60, and ANNE BAKER, 57, Troopers, Officers and Agents seized two rifles and a loaded shotgun, all possessed and stored illegally.
Troopers and Officers also seized from the apartments illegally owned ammunition of various types, including 7.62mm, 223, 32 caliber, 9mm, 22 caliber, and 12 gauge, as well as $5,796 in US currency.
The investigation and arrests were an example of superb coordination by various law enforcement agencies.
Those arrested were as follow.
DAVID NEVEU, 60, of Holyoke, charged with:
1. Possession or carrying a loaded firearm;
2. Weapon stored illegally/kept by owner, 3 counts;
3. Possession/carrying Firearm without a license , 3 counts;
4. Firearm/Ammo Possess without an FID Card;
5. Possession with intent to Distribute Class A Heroin; and
6. Possession with intent to Distribute Class D Marijuana.
ANNE BAKER, 57, of Holyoke, charged with:
1. Possession with intent to Distribute Class A Heroin;
2. Possession of Class A Heroin;
3. Distribution of Class D Marijuana;
4. Possession of Firearm without an FID Card;
5. Carrying/Possession of Firearm without a license, 3 counts; and
6. Weapon stored illegally/kept by owner, 3 counts.
ALEXANDER VAZQUEZ, 31, of Holyoke, charged with:
1. Distribution of Class A Heroin, 3 counts;
2. Possession with Intent to Distribute Class A Heroin;
3. Possession of Class A Heroin;
4. Possession of Class B Cocaine;
5. Distribution of Class B Cocaine; and
6. Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card.
JUAN CARLOS MENIER-RODRIGUEZ, 20, of Holyoke, charged with:
1. Possession of Firearm/Ammunition without an FID Card;
2. Possession of a Class A Substance with intent to Distribute, 2 counts;
3. Possession of Class A Heroin; and
4. Possession of Class B Cocaine.