Massachusetts State Police Media Release – 12162017 – State Police Arrest Two in Chicopee on Gun and Drug Charges
This morning at about 12:15 a.m. two men were arrested on Route 391 Northbound in Chicopee on gun and drug charges following a motor vehicle stop.
Trooper Joel Daoust was on patrol when he observed a Nissan Altima operating erratically as it traveled northbound. Trooper Daoust stopped the vehicle and, following a subsequent investigation, discovered a quantity of a substance believed to be marijuana and material consistent with the packaging and sale of drugs in the possession of the operator and passenger and in the vehicle. Additionally, Trooper Daoust found a loaded, Kel-Tec 9mm handgun in the vehicle.
The operator, OMEGA WALKER, 20, of Springfield, and his passenger, DREGORY WOODARD, 18, of Springfield, were placed under arrest on the following charges:
- Possession of Class D Drug with Intent to Distribute
2. Possession/Carrying a Firearm
3. Carrying a Dangerous Weapon
4. Possession of a Firearm without FID card
5. Possession of Ammunition without FID card
6. Carrying a Loaded Firearm
7. Possession of Marijuana over 1 oz. Not Secured
8. Possession of an Open Container of Alcohol in a Motor Vehicle
9. Possession of an Open Container of Marijuana in a Motor Vehicle
WALKER was additionally charged with:
- Firearm Violation with 1 Prior Violent Crime
2. Possession of a Firearm in Felony
3. Unlicensed Operation of a Motor Vehicle
Both men were booked at the State Police barracks in Springfield and held pending $1,000.00 bail each. They will be arraigned in Chicopee District Court on Monday.