Massachusetts State Police Release — 04102017 — Pike Crash in Hopkinton Under Investigation
Troopers from the State Police Barracks in Weston and the Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Section continue to investigate this morning’s crash on the eastbound side of the Massachusetts Turnpike in Hopkinton. The scene was cleared at 12:22 p.m.
The crash occurred at 8:08 a.m. and involved five vehicles:
- A 2015 Freightliner 999 tractor with New York registration, operated by a 54-year-old Pittsfield man;
- A 2007 International 94001 tractor with New York registration, operated by a 40-year-old Gloversville, N.Y., man;
- A 2016 Hino box truck with New Jersey registration, operated by a 31-year-old Belchertown man;
- A 2011 Chevrolet Terrain with Massachusetts registration, operated by a 32-year-old Worcester woman; and
- A 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer with Massachusetts registration operated by a 32-year-old Agawam man.
Two drivers were transported to UMass Medical Center in Worcester. The driver of the Freightliner suffered incapacitating injuries not believed to be life-threatening at this time. The driver of the Hino truck sustained non-incapacitating injuries.
The sequence of events and cause of the crash remains under investigation by State Police. No further information is available at this time.