MSP Gang Unit Troopers Find Teen Wounded by Gunshots, Seize Firearm in Brockton

Brockton Gun Arrest 01152016Members of the State Police Gang Unit this morning responded to a shooting after hearing multiple gunshots at around 3 a.m. in the area of Forest and Warren avenues in Brockton. Three Gang Unit troopers, who were conducting an unrelated investigation in the area, rushed to the area and found a 17-year-old male trying to get into the back of a car. The teenager screamed for help, saying he had been shot. As troopers approached him, one of them observed him throw a handgun under the car. The troopers further observed that the teenager, a Brockton resident, was bleeding. He told troopers he had been shot by another male.

Troopers recovered the handgun, a Smith & Wesson 9mm with an obliterated serial number, from under the car. The gun had a live round in the chamber and six more live rounds in a high capacity feeding device attached to the gun.

The 17-year-old victim was transported to a local hospital by ambulance for treatment of multiple gunshot wounds. He was alert and conscious at the time of transport. Troopers determined he did not have a license to carry a firearms, and is, in fact, too young to be eligible for a license to carry. He will be summonsed to Brockton District Court on gun charges at a later date.

Troopers and Brockton Police went to the area of Florence Street and Warren Avenue to further investigate, and located five 9mm shell casings on the 600 block of Warren Avenue. A witness told police he heard gunshots and then saw two men running on Florence Street.

The 17-year-old’s name is not being released as he is considered a juvenile under Massachusetts law.

Back at the scene where the wounded teenager was located, troopers removed two occupants from the Nissan Sentra that he had been trying to get into. The driver told troopers he had been driving down the street when he observed the teenager screaming for help. The passenger in the car, ADILSON BRANDAO, 29, of Brockton, was found to be the subject of three default warrants and was taken to the Brockton Police station to be booked.