Massachusetts State Police Media Release — 10252014 — State Police Arrest North Adams Woman for Narcotics Violations
On October 25, 2014 at approximately 5:25 p.m., Trooper Thomas Cusak of the Cheshire Barracks was on patrol on State Street in the Town of North Adams when his attention was drawn to a 1999 Chevrolet sedan. As a result of a motor vehicle stop and subsequent investigation by Trooper Cusak, with the assistance of Trooper Zachary Wood, the operator of the vehicle, 26 year-old CASSANDRA MCINNIS of North Adams, MA was arrested and charged with the following:
- Possession with Intent to Distribute Class A Narcotics (Heroin)
- Intent to Distribute Narcotics within a School/Park Zone
- Being Present Where Heroin is Kept
- Conspiracy to Violate the Narcotics Law
- Various motor vehicle violations
This stop and arrest resulted in the seizure of 83 bags of Heroin. She has been released on bail and is scheduled to be arraigned in North Adams District Court on Monday.
Please credit the attached photo to the Massachusetts State Police.
No further information is available at this time. Please do not call the barracks directly.
— 30 —