The Massachusetts State Police, Southbridge Police, and partner law enforcement agencies today continue their search for GREGORY J. LEWIS, 26, who is charged with the sexual assault of a Southbridge, Mass., girl and is wanted in connection with a spree of other sexual assaults, kidnappings, and armed robberies in multiple states across the country. State Police today are releasing the following updated information.
- LEWIS may be driving eastward from the Midwest. Intelligence indicates he was in the Columbus, Ohio area yesterday evening. In previous days, he was in the Indianapolis area. Prior to that, LEWIS is believed to have been in Denver in early October and in Portland, Ore., around Oct. 13, in the area of Boise, Idaho on Oct. 14, and in Salt Lake City around Oct. 17.
- LEWIS has committed or suspected of committing at least six sexual assaults in various states since he fled Massachusetts in September. Several of his victims are women employed by escort services whom LEWIS arranged to meet at local hotels. The victims have been handcuffed, threatened with a gun, robbed, and sexually assaulted.
- LEWIS is believed to be driving the dark blue 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee that was previously described to the public. Some new details about the vehicle: it has fog lights in the front, alloy wheel rims, and may have a sticker on the center of the rear bumper below the license plate (although he may have removed the sticker). We believe he had attached stolen Idaho plates at one time but those plates may have since been replaced, so the type of plate on the vehicle is undetermined at this time. An image of a representative vehicle is included below.
- The surveillance photos below show LEWIS in recent days. A very recent description of him subsequent to those photos indicated he was clean shaven; he may or may not currently have facial hair.
- The State Police Commonwealth Fusion Center has coordinated release of information about LEWIS to every other Fusion Center in the country. As well, State Police have issued BOLO (Be On the Look Out) alerts to law enforcement agencies today containing the intelligence that he may be moving eastward.
LEWIS is armed and dangerous and should not be approached by members of the public. Anyone seeing him should call 911 immediately, and anyone with information on his whereabouts should call the Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section at 1-800-KAPTURE.