Massachusetts State Police Release – 09292014 – Two Men in Pittsfield found in Possession of Heroin
On Wednesday, September 24 at approximately 8:39 p.m., Trooper Zachary Wood of the Cheshire Barracks was on patrol in the City of Pittsfield when he stopped a Honda Civic for a motor vehicle violation on First Street. The operator was identified as LAWRENCE W. BOOS Jr., 30, of Pittsfield. A passenger was identified as JOHN McNULTY, 31, also of Pittsfield. There was also a 6-year-old juvenile male present in the vehicle.
As a result of an investigation, both men were found to be in possession of suspected heroin.
The driver, BOOS, was placed under arrest and brought to the Cheshire Barracks for booking. BOOS was charged with the following:
1. Possession of a Class A Substance, heroin, with intent to distribute
2. Possession of a Class B Substance
3. Being present where heroin is kept
4. Conspiracy to violate drug laws
5. Failure to stop for red light
Due to the juvenile being present, McNULTY was allowed to leave with the juvenile, but will also be charged with the following:
1. Possession of a Class A Substance, Heroin
2. Being present where heroin is kept
3. Conspiracy to violate drug laws
No further information is currently available. Please do not call the barracks directly.