Massachusetts State Police Release — 05112014 — Multiple Car Crash 495 SB Plainville
Sunday 5/11/2014 @ 9:59 p.m. This is a preliminary report.
Troopers from the State Police Barracks in Foxboro are currently on the scene of a multi-car crash on Route 495 southbound south of exit #14 in Plainville.
Just prior to the crash troopers from the barracks were responding to reports of a vehicle traveling the wrong way on route 495 southbound between exit #13 and #14.
The Massachusetts State Police has multiple assets on the scene to include: troopers from the Foxboro Barracks, Troop H Investigators, Collision Analysis and Reconstruction Section, Crime Scene Service Section, and Troop H Headquarters.
Additionally, the Foxboro, Wrentham and Plainville Fire Departments are at the scene.
The initial report is that there at least one seriously injured individual as a result of the crash.
Route 495 southbound in the area of the crash is closed to all traffic.
This is a very active investigation. Updated information will be released as it becomes available.
Do not call the barracks directly.
UPDATE: Sunday 5/11/2014 @ 10:25 p.m.
There is one confirmed fatality as a result if this crash.
5 other people with serious injuries are being transported to area hospitals.
There were a total of 6 cars involved in this crash.
All lanes of route 495 in the area of the crash scene remain closed to traffic as of this update. Troopers are working to get a lane open as quickly as possible.
The identity of the deceased will not be available this evening pending next if kin notification.
There is no additional information available at this time. Please do not contact the barracks directly.
Multiple Car Crash 495 SB Plainville
Final UPDATE: Monday 5/12/2014 @ 8:36 a.m.
The person who died in this crash has been identified as, TONY Q. DANG, 39 of Randolph, Mass. DANG was operating a 2006 Honda Accord.
The other persons and vehicles involved in this case are as follows:
1. ABRAHAM E. REAY, 31 of Attleboro, Mass, was operating a 2012 Honda Accord. REAY was transported to Rhode Island Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. REAY’S passenger STACY D. REAY, 38 of Attleboro, Mass. was not injured.
2. CHRISTINE J. NOLDER, 45, of Bridgewater, Mass, was operating a 2010 Toyota Highlander. NOLDER was not injured. NOLDER’S passenger NANCY A. HANLEY, 51 of Bridgewater, Mass was not injured.
3. JUSTIN T. DANIELS, 24, of Dudley, Mass was operating a 2005 Toyota Camry. DANIELS was transported to Sturdy Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. There were no passengers in DANIELS’ car.
4. MARIA COSTA, 28, of Providence, RI was operating a 2004 Isuzu Rodeo. COSTA was transported to Sturdy Memorial Hospital with non-life threatening injures. There were no passengers in COSTA’S car.
5. DARRELL R. RAMOS, 30 , of New Bedford, Mass was operating a 2012 Nissan Maxima. RAMOS was not injured.
6. BRAIN PAULSEN, 54, of Monument Beach, Mass was operating a 2008 Toyota Highlander. PAULSEN was not injured.
The road way was opened to traffic at 1220 a.m.
The cause of this crash is still under investigation.
There will be no further UPDATES in this matter. Do not call the barracks directly.