Massachusetts State Police Release—04092013—State Police Motor Vehicle Stop in Granby Results in Two Arrests
This morning at 2 a.m., Trooper Shawn LeBlanc of the Massachusetts State Police Barracks in Belchertown stopped a 2009 Chevrolet sedan on Fred Ruel Road in Granby. During the encounter, Trooper LeBlanc determined that the operator and the passenger both had warrants for their arrest.
The operator was identified as TERRENCE D. GASKINS, 37, of Ware. A license check revealed that GASKINS’ license was revoked as a habitual traffic offender and he had 13 previous convictions for Operating After Suspension/Revocation. GASKINS also had a default warrant for Operating Under the Influence of Liquor and Failure to Stop for the Police. GASKINS was placed under arrest and charged with the following:
1. Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked License as a Habitual Traffic Offender;
2. Operating a Motor Vehicle with a Revoked License, Subsequent Offense;
3. Failure to Inspect a Motor Vehicle.
The car’s passenger was identified as WAYNE J. BURSTON, 29, of Ware. A computer check revealed that BURSTON was wanted for the following:
1. Felony Armed Robbery, 2 Counts;
2. Assault and Battery;
3. Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class B Substance.
Both men were transported to the Hampshire County House of Corrections pending court proceedings.