The Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section today added six fugitives to its Most Wanted list, including a man wanted for killing his estranged girlfriend, another who kidnapped and pistol-whipped two victims, an accomplice in a fatal home invasion, and a man who attacked a woman and a dog with a machete.
State Troopers assigned to the Violent Fugitive Apprehension Section ask anyone who has information about these six fugitives or their whereabouts to call them immediately at 1-800-KAPTURE (1-800-527-8873). Wanted posters for each of these fugitives, as well as supplemental photos of three of them, are included with this release.
Added to the State Police Most Wanted List today are the following fugitives.
- STEVEN C. TOUCH, 28, a.k.a. Steven Chhon Touch, Steven Choum, Kevin Touch, “Fat Boy,” and “C Sick.” Fugitive TOUCH is Asian, approximately 5’7” tall and 220 lbs., with dark brown or black hair, brown eyes, and numerous tattoos (see wanted poster). He is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and Billerica Police for murder and related charges for his role in a fatal 2012 home invasion in that town. TOUCH and two co-defendants were indicted in June; both co-defendants were quickly captured but TOUCH remains at large. He is the alleged leader of the violent Young Bloods street gang operating in and around Lynn, and should be considered armed and dangerous.
- THOMAS G. VARGUS, 45. Fugitive VARGUS is white, approximately 6’ tall and 200 lbs., with brown hair (possibly shaved head), hazel eyes, and, most notably, has numerous tattoos over his entire body, including his face, neck, and scalp (see wanted poster). VARGUS is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and Taunton Police for a Sept. 18, 2017 attack on a woman and her dog on Church Street in that city. The investigation indicates that VARGUS approached the woman, pulled out a machete, and began stabbing the dog. The woman was also struck with the machete and injured during the attack. Bystanders intervened and were able to lock the dog in a vehicle to prevent further injury. The dog, whose name is “King,” survived. VARGUS fled the scene and remains at large. He has a lengthy violent criminal history, including past convictions for assault with a beer bottle, beer can, and mace spray. In addition to Taunton, he has previous ties to Brockton, Cambridge and Somerville, and should be considered armed and dangerous.
- CORNEL BELL, 46, a.k.a. Cavin Wayne Lebert, Cornel James, Kerrol Florizel Bailey, Cornel Carara, Bernard Duke Bell, Mark Simmons, Tony Smith, and Anthony Smith. Fugitive BELL is Jamaican, approximately 5’4” tall and 170 lbs., with a dark complexion, black hair (may be salt-and-pepper), and brown eyes. He speaks in a heavy Jamaican accent. BELL is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and the Weymouth Police Department for the Aug. 19, 2017 murder of his estranged girlfriend Michele Clark inside her Weymouth home. BELL fled in a stolen pickup truck, which was recovered several days later by police in Florida. He was last seen with short hair and a close cropped beard, both of which were salt-and-pepper in color. BELL has used numerous identities and has obtained at least four Massachusetts driver’s licenses using false identities. He has ties to Dorchester, Florida, and Jamaica, and should be considered armed and dangerous.
- DANIEL J. CHRISTIAN, 31, a.k.a. “D.J.” Fugitive CHRISTIAN is black, approximately 6’6” tall and 240 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes and a muscular build. He had a light beard when last seen, and has several tattoos (see wanted poster). CHRISTIAN is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and Gardner Police for his role in a brazen daylight shooting in that town on July 18, 2017. The investigation indicated that CHRISTIAN followed two people in his vehicle, cut them off, and got out of the vehicle and fired multiple gunshots at them. The victims were not hit. CHRISTIAN fled the area and remains at large. He has an extensive violent criminal history. CHRISTIAN has ties to Gardner, Fitchburg, Leominster, Lynn, and Dorchester. The firearm used in the shooting was not recovered, and CHRISTIAN should be considered armed and dangerous.
- JEFFREY BABY LOPEZ, 27, a.k.a. “Knuckles.” Fugitive LOPEZ is Hispanic, approximately 5’9”-5’10” tall, 170-185 lbs., with black hair, brown eyes, and a medium build. He has numerous tattoos, including a teardrop beneath the corner of his right eye (see wanted poster). LOPEZ is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and Lynn Police on a variety of violent charges stemming from an incident in that city in January 2017, during which he and multiple co-defendants kidnapped, pistol-whipped, assaulted and robbed two people over a period of several hours. LOPEZ also was recently charged with an October 2016 drive-by shooting in Lynn. He is a suspected member of the Deuce Boys street gang and has a lengthy criminal history. In addition to Lynn, he has ties to Malden and New York and should be considered armed and dangerous.
- JOVETT RESENDE, 28. Fugitive RESENDE is Cape Verdean, approximately 5’9” tall and 135 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. He has numerous tattoos, including the words “RIP Mizz” and a cross on his right forearm (see wanted poster). RESENDE is wanted by the Massachusetts State Police and the Brockton Police Department for the August 2, 2017 non-fatal shooting of a woman in that city. The investigation into the shooting resulted in the recovery of a large amount of narcotics, including trafficking weight of the dangerous opioid fentanyl. The firearm used in the shooting has not been recovered, and RESENDE should be considered armed and dangerous.
To reiterate, the Massachusetts State Police ask asking anyone who has information about these fugitives or their whereabouts to call them immediately at 1-800-KAPTURE (1-800-527-8873). Please help us locate these dangerous fugitives to hold them accountable for their crimes and to bring justice to their victims.